View Single Post
Old 2010-10-26, 23:50   Link #172
tkdtiger

well one thing about Kish. story telling is him incorporating mythology into the story.

Hyuga is closely related in Japanese Mythology for the creation of Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, and Susano since in the mythology Izanagi bathed in a river in Hyuga.

So I came up with a theory. The Uchiha are heavily implied to have an affinity to fire.

Well since in the mythology Izanagi bathes in a river that was located in Hyuga I'm going to theorize that their affinity is water. At first I thought wind, but after thinking about it I think the taijutsu that the Hyuga have flows like water. Not only, but water has also been used as a symbol of insight. In many Asian cultures water is a symbol of balance and harmony. Although water's meaning dealing with chakra are "relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm" But to put it simply in Tibetan-Buddhism this form of chakra is associated with the unconscious and emotion. It is the second of the primary chakras.

The third of the primary chakras is pretty much fire. It deals with "the sense of sight, and the action of movement. Manipura is "the center of etheric-psychic intuition: a vague or non-specific, sensual sense of knowing; a vague sense of size, shape, and intent of being." If the Hyuga name means in the direction of the sun and Amateratsu is the sun than it would support further relationship between the Uchiha and Hyuga are related.

I don't think it shows anything in particular, but it was interesting at the least...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote