View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 00:25   Link #59
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
Yeah, I find it rather hilarious that one guy has the ability to topple a country with just his fists. I could buy it if I was watching Kenshiro.

So they have gigantic Tachikomas with cannons but they cannot assign multiple security drones to a prisoner transport. Suspension of disbelief has a limit and they went past it during this episode multiple times.

Oh God, I'm now just wishing that they won't screw up GitS Arise this bad. I'd literally tear my TV in half.
Ahhh, I think you're all kind of forgetting that Makishima has no crime coefficient therefore security drones would of just watched him beat the chief to death. And having human guards there with normal weapons was probably a risk they weren't willing to take, as said humans would of had to be in on how the sibyl system works, and I doubt there are any, let alone random security guards. Don't get me wrong, a hive mind of the greatest psycho paths of the century should of been of able to think of some way to keep him in check, but don't act like this is anyway out of the ordinary, unless you haven't watched the last half a dozen episodes.

Also, now that the chief is considered dead (unless they have back up bodies lying around, but then how would she/he explain surviving the crash?), who is going to be running the show? They have never shown anyone other than the chief giving orders, so i assume this is pretty much end game from here on out and everyone's gonna be running around with no leash. Should be interesting.