View Single Post
Old 2013-07-24, 09:52   Link #52
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Enjoyed a nice school break recently in which I thought was able to draw more...and I realized it still takes me over 16 hours to complete a single person. I don't know how people like Efe, Swordsouls or Matsuryu do it. Anyways...
Now that's what you call being productive
<<--Also on 2-months break, and I wish I could generate a mood to draw again

I see that the color transition in your shading has become smoother. Also love that little trace of face skin color around their bangs. You also did a good job with Kuroneko's hair. It flows naturally IMO.

Some things I can point out:
- Kuroneko's tail and cat ears should be made much smoother IMO. They look too pointy and the lines are dead straight (the cat ears)

- As for Kou... I think she looks like her just fine. Her design in the anime features much larger body and longer face, and this is just your style. I also think her hair could use some more volume, especially for the ponytail. And what are those swirls around her jacket? if it is a decoration, I think you can make it more distinct either by the positioning or by using different color. I find it a bit "merged" with her jacket

- For Kotori and Honoka, I think it's only the effect lines that might need an improvement.

As for general proportions, perspectives etc... I won't comment much since I think you're well aware about them and we as artists know quite well about our faults. Besides, IMO it's something that progresses naturally over time.

All in all, great job as always. Looking forward for more!