View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 12:25   Link #4088
Levy
differently sober

@Frost: 1) I think Nunnaly was mostly faking to not understand what Schneizel was doing for the aforementioned reasons: she needed Schneizel to give her part of the power to do something herself. This is not even hinted untill the moment she came to face Lelouch for a suspence effect, but she understand perfectly what she was doing, otherwise what she said to him would not make any sense.
And she knew about Geass. Everything... once you know about Geass, it won't be that hard to understand what Lelouch has done so far.

2) If you'd read my posts instead of disagree with them by default, you'll maybe see what I'm really talking about. I nevere said that all he did was wrong, on the contrary, but there are obscure elements in his management of power from the start, and it is a dictatorship/absolute monarchy/ whatever you want to call it, since there's only one man taking decisions on his own for a whole nation. It might be the best decision possible, but it will still be a form of dictatorship. If you have a better word to teach me to call this form of governement, be my guest.

He did some good things that allowed him to be taken into consideration by the UNF, but he took power in a minute, declared he killed his father to get the throne and got immediate consensus out of the blue and in global broadcasting, he crushed his opposition with brute force. Lelouch put his court and thousands of soldiers under Geass (those people were brainwahsed and probably never returned to their family, so someone will know..)
He's the head of the most powerfull Empire of the world - if you find him not even slightly dangerous, then you are being naive at least.

On the propaganda thing, Lelouch used it intelligently, since he did also a lot of demostrative acts to show that the old Britannia is gone forever, and this, together with the freeing Areas policy earned him some consideration among the UNF, but he also broadcasted the battle between the KoR and Suzaku.
What's the purpose of that? Both showing old Britannia has been defeated and the fact that his Knight alone could take care of a whole small army.
He wanted to be feared, not only loved. See, I'm not making up anything.

And.. are you insinuating I want Lelouch to be worst than he is....?
How the hell you know ° °? Are you still inside my head?
It doesn't seems the case, because I do not.
*thinks again of Kallen the spouse of Satan just in case* =P
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote