View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 18:16   Link #203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For the antagonist, as I said in the other thread, let's at least wait and see what happens and if he's really really as simple a villain as we saw portrayed this last time. If he is that simple, well, he'll clearly be defeated soundly anyway. Methinks he hasn't really thought through his brilliant plan. Hating such an idiot isn't even necessary.

As for having things "pick up where they left off"... I think that's hard precisely because of the way the first story ended -- their relationship developed so much that what realistic obstacle can get in the way? As you say, ending the story there would be one possibility, but given that it didn't end there, they have to find a way to bring Kirito/Kazuto back into the game world. It's a bit of a turn as far as the story goes, but I think it serves a purpose.

As for the new game's designs... I guess it's obvious that it'll be a matter of taste. I, for one, really like the new design -- always been a big fan of "high-fantasy". I liked the world of SAO, but the new world looks beautiful to me too from what we've seen in the OP/ED. But yeah, clearly different people will have different preferences here. In the end, the base characters are the same regardless of the avatar they're playing as anyway.