Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 10:12   Link #561
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I wonder if this odd fact is what gave the idea of the existence of monopoles to the authors of Robotic;Notes.
I can bet he got the idea from there. I think I must mention that it is not the first time it has been documented that the sun has a magnetic monopole. As you can see from the link, in 1965 it happened for two or three months. From what I understand IRL there are two scenarios:

1. magnetic pole points toward the sun for large period of time (years) = We go into an ice age

2. magnetic pole points away from the sun for large period of time (years) = earth magnetic field gets pummeled constantly (think this solar flare) which would cause the aurora borealis to be seen south (in japan and even the caribbean) and wreck land based electricity lines and knock out of commision most of the satellites in orbit. Over the years I think it would accelerate global warming, warming the seas to 40º C and creating another mass extinction.

I have not played the VN, but I think the sun exploding is a feint for other plot driven events.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote