View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 15:45   Link #13
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, it all comes down to taste, since this anime really had not much to analyze. I simply wasn't very interested in it, and since 75% of this anime for me is enjoyment, I could not give it a very good score.

Animation Quality: 8
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 9
Adaptation from Game: No clue, but shouldn't this be novel?
Editing: 3

Total rating: 6.3 => 6.0

I admit, there was one point where I was really interested in this series and thought that it was the season's best. However, I let my ignorance be a major factor for this show. I did not understand many of the dealings or the importance of smuggling, and I think the anime did a terrible job at that. From a literature analyst's views, when you are telling a story, you cannot assume that the audience can read your mind. You have to be in the shoes of the audience and explain enough so that they can understand. I will not be soft and just rate this anime on its plot. Oh yes, it had a wonderful and unique plot with a promising premise at that. However, its storytelling was all over the place, and the confusion caused by the business dealings was a major obstacle in the enjoyment of the series.

And yes, I have no clue what happened to Chloe either, nor what she was doing/thinking at the very end. I once gave this anime a 9/10, and I simply believe that this anime could jump up three ratings if it wasn't just a 12 episode series.

Final score: 6/10, "Good"

Spoiler for My Rating Scale:

And I see that my score isn't very popular. This series had more fans than I thought.