View Single Post
Old 2008-12-04, 18:21   Link #231
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Sorry , it's not because I don't respect all of your posts guys , but it's just too long for me. I'm not a fluent native speaker and my English was bad (especially reading and vocab) , so I'll just point to what I can give my theory to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Because she's strongly committed to being a technician like her mother not a weapon like her father, so she refuses to fight as a weapon. It's also possible that, for whatever reason, she is hiding the fact that she is a weapon and doesn't want anyone to know. You say it doesn't make sense but it only doesn't make sense to you who neglects the power of decisions and commitment to one's path. Maka does have the kind of determination for such a thing.
Still with the weapon? I still have to disagree , because I have said a soul resonance is performed by a meister and a weapon (unless there's a scene between a weapon and a weapon performed this then I give up) and I haven't seen a weapon have Soul Perception ability , which mostly meister do have it. (e.g : Stein and
Spoiler:

Quote:
Maka's reckless drive isn't something that's just something that flares up for a moment. It's a pervasive recklessness that controls her actions and her behavior and it lasts as long as it will, be a it a moment, be it years. She may reconsider her recklessness if it's the type that hurts her friends, etc., but when it comes to putting herself on the line, she doesn't have many qualms about it. (To the contrary, sometimes I wonder if that girl is suicidal.)
Hm yes , I'm quite agree with this. I think she doesn't want any of her friend getting hurt , but when it comes to herself , she can care less about that. Maybe this act is because of Soul getting hurt for her sake , she doesn't want that anymore. (while Soul said "I'm willing to die for my technician" , she is kinda "I prefer die before you can put your life for my sake" )

Sometimes she isn't reckless , but she has miscalculation when thinking of strategies. (She has said this during her first meeting with Chrona "I'm way too careless")