View Single Post
Old 2010-02-19, 20:03   Link #13
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I doubt that a show like K-On! would even survive three years between seasons so for this long pause Haruhi did quite well. I also think that KyoAni really chose the right episodes for the first "season", because I think the second season was not so well-received because the novel material wasn't as good (beside the Endless Eight stretching^^). I read the Sigh novel after I watched the episodes and KyoAni really improved it. I enjoyed the Melancholy novel on the other hand and I watched the anime episodes about 4-5 times before reading it.

The 2nd "season" really looked to me like training for "Disappearance" and it looks like Haruhi still does enough money to justify a new series. Perhaps the next Kadokawa series will be more Full Metal Panic because this is series that does also internationally very well and there seems to be a demand for it. Furthermore, the creator still works quite often for KyoAni, so I really think (and hope^^) that FMP will be the next Kadokawa project. Then they can do more Haruhi, perhaps spring or fall 2011.