View Single Post
Old 2009-10-13, 17:49   Link #361
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I agree for the most part, having such a huge cast of characters randomly dying after an episode per arc does not help, but who's decision was to have that many in the first place, what did he expect?

Anyway, in Higurashi whether I knew about Shion/Mion or not would not make the its questions arc less dramatic and frankly the same was true in the answers arc. In Umineko since the end of the second arc I find it harder and harder after each episode to care anymore about what is actually happening, say it is magic, oh well poor plot, give me a stretched hollywood explanation after a couple of months, I probably die laughing and admire my patience
The culprit's decision of course~ ;D They're the ones following the epitaph by the looks of it.

I discussed this actually just yesterday one phrase summarizes it: Higurashi is Easy Mode. Umineko is Troll Mode.

Higurashi I thought it was easy to see who the Big Bad was by what we were told by the 2nd arc. And yes Umineko is very much more confusing than Higurashi - that's the entire point. Ryukishi said so himself: he made the worst kind of tale that confuses you so you'll give up. Also the Cat Box explanation isn't very far-fetched at all. Granted it's a little wild, but it does work. There are two different layers on Rokkenjima - the real layer and the fantasy layer.