View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 17:21   Link #546
X10A_Freedom

I feel Kawasumi Ayako has been consistently good in the various series that I've come across. Seriously, Saber (does not) equal Nodame for example! I presume she's not an idol-type seiyuu thus her visibility is limited.

I like Mizuki Nana more for her singing rather than the acting. Her lives are beyond excellent on a good day, but she does have her off days when the clarity of the lyrics really stuffs up. She fit Fate Testarossa well, Colette (Tales of Symphonia) was ok, but Moka (Rosario-Vampire) was pretty hard on the ears. Her role as Fate seems to be a one-hit wonder, as she hasn't had leading roles in well-acclaimed anime it seems.

Horie Yui has a unique and seriously cute voice. Nonetheless she knows it and obviously capitalises on that factor during live concerts - which I feel for a lady in her 30s is pushing it!

Saitou Chiwa scored a one-hit wonder in Bakemonogatari in my eyes by her excellent performance there. I see her as an average seiyuu (which means very good, but unfortunately most seiyuus are very good!).

In response to the recent long discussions, I'm generally pretty disgusted at die-hard fans which create the idol culture, with its complex and "what on earth" set of generally accepted rules.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote