Thread: Licensed Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-01, 22:52   Link #96
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm not watching this, and this is reeeeeeeeaaaallly old news but apparently the original (?) director of the show, Junichi Watanabe (わたなべぢゅんいち) had passed away from cerebral haemmorage on the 25th of January at the age of 44. So maybe that has partly to do with the supposed mediocrity of the actual product? I mean when the director dies (and 44 is pretty young!) it doesn't just affect the production in the obvious ways but in other things like emotions and stuff too perhaps... and they'd have had to drag in someone new at short notice too.

If this got mentioned before in this thread (it doesn't seem to have been) then you can stab me a few times... but not everyone seems to quite know this fact :0
I really shouldn't laugh considering the grimness of this news, but Wao is so evil for presenting the news such way... (and mixed with my own confirmation of the quality of the show) that I just couldn't help but lol... This show is so bad, but I'm still watching in hope for some romance between the fairy and her master/contractor. Here is also crossing my fingers that I won't be suffering from any ill effect. Can wide screen also make this a better viewing experience, or will it, as Eggplant suggested, only increase the zoom-factor of torments?

RIP Junichi Watanabe!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote