View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 17:32   Link #28440
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Well I guess that makes sense. But again, I've been rewatching Gundam X lately and really enjoying it a lot more.

I mean is it too much to ask for like X, X Divider, and Double X in MG? Maybe we'll see them in 2013. But Bandai also needs to finish up Age and 00 MG's as well. Wing.. I hope to see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and an updated Wing Zero Custom MG's later..

I'm just a bit concerned that so much emphasis is being put into Seed and Seed Destiny as well as UC these days. I mean Seed and Seed Destiny are great and all, but I think many of the Gundam fans outside of Japan started off with Wing, and then from there got really into Gundam with 00 like I did. Then Age came along, but in between there, I'm sure many of us checked out other series like G Gundam and Gundam X.

My rating is like this..

Gundam 00 > Gundam Age > Gundam Wing > Gundam X > G Gundam

I guess that's true that through time, things will get better. Being included into Super Robot Wars Z isn't such a big deal since things like Gundam Seed and now Gundam Seed Destiny is getting an HD Remaster TV airing followed by BluRay releases and "remastered" kits.

I'm just curious as to what that Glory of the Defeated thing is for Gundam Wing. I really really hope that means we'll see MG's like:

Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz Remaster)
Nataku
Heavyarms Custom
Sandrock Custom

And then there's Age that has a huge rush of kits. But mostly they were variations. The Gransa getting an HG release means that we could see a MG release of it later, or maybe get Exia R2 situation where the best we get is HG.. >_<
From a marketing perspective overseas profit is probably not as much as in japan

And as Unicorn and DESTINY is airing they're gonna strike while the iron is hot, so it makes sense they're focusing on those

As for the X, Wing, and 00 kits I'm with you though for wanting new MG releases

As for X imo they can wrap up the MG line with 2.5 kits in 3 months and call it quits while making fans happy (An X, then a small add on Divider pack like the Vbuster, then a DX)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote