Thread: What is Taste?
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-17, 00:34   Link #5
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
The way I see it, with trying to distinguish individuality from societal influences... it's not really possible. If you were born into a world devoid of any sensory input whatsoever, who would you be? We can only find the boundaries of our own identity through interaction with others and the world around us. What defines yourself and what you like and don't like is both the environment around you, and the elements of that environment which you choose to assimilate and those you choose to reject.
So theoretically(yours) people who experiences the same environments and experiences would have identical tastes and personalities. I thought personalities were also genetically inherited .

Quote:
So the way I see it, say for example there's this song you like. Do you seriously like it yourself, or do you seem to like it just because all of your friends like it? Is there a difference? If you're going to say it's the latter case, then I say that you like being accepted by your friends, the song is a sign of acceptance by your friends, therefore you like the song. Because (in a sense) that's just as much a property of the song as is its beat, melody, and lyrics. They're all reasons to like the song.
So who's taste brought the first song? or the first genre of the song? It's created by an individual right?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote