Thread: Civilization V
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 14:10   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Going to use this thread for general Civ talk.

Archon_Wing and I started a Civ game as Egypt and France respectively and so far he's gone fairly strongly into a warfare build while I've gone for more of a growth/culture build that's allowing for war units to be developed as necessary. We've also shared a few techs which has come in pretty handy, especially for me since I was lacking quite a few techs on the religion front and he lacked a couple on the culture front. I also took Great Wall and Judaism since it was spreading, but I'm not sure what wonders Archon has or what religion he took, but he said it wasn't the most popular one so I'm currently sending a missionary up to convert him to Judaism.

In any case he took care of his neighbours pretty early at the cost of much of his standing army and my biggest problem right now is Willem Van Oranje getting dangerously close to my capital. I think I can fend him off with culture for now though while I build up my army and Archon does the same. The plan is to wait until Gunpowder. I also plan to come around with my settlers and cut off the rest of Asia from Archon and me as best I can and he plans to meet up with me in the meantime as he spreads out east and we build a network between our cities. Should be interesting. We might have to fight Tokugawa Ieyasu, but I think a containment strategy ought to work out okay....hopefully.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote