View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 22:31   Link #59
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Yukino would somehow cut it, though ironically, her normal voice lacks of some sweet and "close" aspect, when she doesn't voice an highschooler
Well that's not really to be the case with her voice in say Planetes or Madlax, IMO. And Rosa is not that close to the rest of the characters as say Mion is to the gang in Higurashi anyway.

Quote:
My biggest problem with Noto is actually how her voice has a lingering tone that either gives the following vibes: moe/slow/retarded/prone to give a question mark on the said character.
Vaguely enough, it gives too much "innocence" (even in her performance as Rin in Mnemosyne), hence why I feel her absolutely not fitting for any kind of character past the twenties without some kind of VERY sweet aspect.
I can't say I agree I entirely as Noto's famously cute voice has never bothered me unlike pretty all the other over the top cute voices in the anime industry but I definitely see where you are coming from. If I "turn the chessboard", I can see that I would be against Horie Yui as Rosa if someone proposed it for exactly the reasons quoted above.

Quote:
Now the biggest challenge would be... a proud, yet mature and reponsible voice for Natsuhi.
A real veteran seiyuu would be great for that part, I believe. Personally I would prefer Mistuishi Kotono or Hisakawa Aya but I do realise I am very biased towards these two so...

Quote:
To be honest, I think a voice similar to Nakata-sama (or himself but watered down) would be fitting, minus Nakata's usual imposing/charismatic aura. That's why it is overkill to begin with, but as a gut feeling, the "tone" and the "depth" of the voice should be kinda similar, but the aura is obviously not matching.
Agreed, I also picture Kraus's voice as somewhat similar to Nakata's, albeit very much lacking in charisma.