View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 13:19   Link #205
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Shinchrio dropped one hint in this episode when he told Hiromi that it was going to be crowded and you don't have to force yourself with his faint smile.

He hasn't even had an opportunity to speak to Noe after his closet fiasco, hence why he's chasing after her to sort out his feelings. Ok, perhaps if he was thinking clearly he would've let Hiromi know kind of what's on his mind. But from what I could garner from his mind in this episode, he is starting to get a little warped in his thoughts and doesn't know exactly what he is doing anymore. This was kind of portrayed by the scene of him sitting at the stand with Nobuse where he states "what am I doing?." Still I think Hiromi understood what's going on when he kept telling her in a guilty way, "I have to go now." It's not like she doesn't know, why would she be getting sad and saying "don't leave me" if that was the case? Or do you think she is assuming too much because Shinchiro doesn't let her know in a clearer way? I understand you don't expect him to actually speak his mind to everyone, but give a reasonable statement of what Shinchiro could've said to HIromi in that little two minutes he had when he is trying to chase after Noe...
Well, I agree with most of what you're saying, but on the last thing; I do think he misses an opportunity to clear things up with a small simple statement.

Right after Hiromi says that she told Noe to leave them alone and that they're together; Shin says to the effect that its okay that Hiromi told that stuff to Noe and then he just says he has to go to the closing celebration.

Right there, if he really had made his decision before that, he could have either said "You shouldn't have told her that" or "That's not how we are" a small statement disagreeing if he had really made a decision that opposes what she said. Instead he just goes along with it and then fakes to go off to celebrate. If he was choosing her then possibly he could have indicated it by not abandoning her or something like "I'll go and talk to Noe, wait for (or "believe in") me" since he'd want to go and make sure Noe can deal with it.

I don't know that scene was just extremely frustrating to me more than any of Shin's actions prior to that because it seemed like he made some kind of decision during the dance, so I thought that he would finally start doing things properly at that point and yet it still wasn't meant to be...

I really think that he missed the last chance to finally be proactive (since he had finally made some kind of decision) and again he has to wait until another drastic Noe action (at the end of 12 just like at 11) to finally go through with it.

Maybe that's my gripe with it and compared with Jun coming clean as well as Hiromi's actions over the past 3 episodes, I have to think Hiromi and Jun are the only ones who have done things properly after facing up to their feelings. Noe's trying as best she can to deal with all of these new emotions to her so I give her far more leeway for not being able to emotionally handle all of this.

Either way, losing his last and perhaps only chance to truly be proactive (in my mind) is a total disappointment to me despite how much I like this series. I've given you three 1-liners that Shin could have used to indicate what his feelings were after seeing Noe in his eyes during the dance and making the "decision", and I think I'm safe in saying that it would reasonable to expect something like this from a character who's struggled to be proactive through his doubt but has reached some position of clarity.

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-25 at 13:39.