View Single Post
Old 2009-02-15, 05:29   Link #15
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hmmmm depression is just the normal cycle of anyone's life. It's just how you dealt with it. I think everyone would go through a very severe case of depression atleast once in their lifetime so don't be bothered by the fact you are going through one.

I've gone through a few, from death of friends, studies, work and my responsibility. I can't say I notice any permanent effect on me except how to deal with it better with the next relapse. I just felt silly for getting so dragged down by something so normal to everybody else. After awhile, i just take it as a fact of life, get over it quickly and move onto the more interesting things before i kicked the bucket.

It's kinda funny to me how everyone goes for those "anti depressent" pills. I think it's dangerous to rely on chemicals to get yourself out of these depression. It might be useful for the really really extreme case where possibility of suicide is certain but otherwise, i steer clear of it personally;.

The best way for me to tackle this was to do whatever I felt like doing. Sometimes it's gorging on junkfood (they work wonders i tell ya), anime series marathon, videogame marathon or learn to cook better. Just things to give u a boost of fulfillment or accomplishment.