View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 00:36   Link #93
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

relentlessflame (or any other mod): curious question, how much negrep could I have thrown at someone if the system was still on? I know that posrep is sort of exponential, in that the more greens I have the more greens I could share, but I'm curious if it works in reverse. Never got to negrep anyone, see. Now I feel like one of those times when you find expired yoghurt in a fridge.

(Can I negrep you as a final practice thing just to see if it works? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So how are we supposed to detect trolls without the rep system? I won't name names, but people I see with rep disabled or red squares often end up being rather trollish.
Actually, that maybe a net positive. Sometimes some people with the red dots are just obviously asking for it, some other times I ended up being curious if they got caught in the crossfire of a shipping war or something, because the posts I saw were perfectly legitimate and the poster never struck me as trollish.

It was imperfect at best as a troll detector. So by removing that aspect, it may prove a little harder to recognize the trolls, but it would also be fairer to the casualties of some past shipping battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
The winner speaks!
Images
Screenshot of ranked reputation list
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...when did I get up there!?

Okay, that's it, if *I* can get up there, there is something wrong with the system. Fair's fair, take it away.