View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 17:22   Link #5890
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Oh I see, you're talking about Kira. Whilst I do agree with that interpretation the point still remains that the way Athrun shot down Yzak's idea of escalation clearly suggested he also think it would be a bad idea if the rest of ZAFT would've been involved. And I'm not saying the Athrun had to attack with only his ship...
Why would they risk open war with a neutral country over one ship and one mobile suit? seriously, just drop it, Athrun isnt stupid either, Neither is Zaft, they wouldnt go to war with Orb just because it took the AA in.

Also, Irrelevant, since they never went to war with orb, it's once again you speculating without any fact to back it up except your own imagination

Quote:
Yeah but that was in Destiny. I'm talking about the incident in SEED.
Sorry, you got me confused there a bit.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be the entire collect ZAFT force. Going against one could have very easily led to them fighting all them later on. Orb is going to have to take that into account as well.
Irrelevant, it never happened, thats purely speculation aswell.

Quote:
I honestly don't think the ideals are interchangeable depending on who's in power. The way it was presented in SEED, it clearly seemed to me like Uzumi's ideals, was Orb's Ideals.

Also bear in mind that Cagalli was still the Chief Representative in Destiny. The Seirans weren't in power.
But they are, thats what happened in the show. Cagalli clearly wasnt in power, if anything she was a official puppet of the Seirans, they ran the military, they ran the politics, they ran Orb when she came back from her Minerva trip.

You not accepting the fact that the Seirans ran orb is your own problem, but its what happened in the show. We arent told when or how the Seirans claimed the power, it just happened, and thats what we have to accept.

Quote:
Athrun was high in the command chain so please don't treat his views as if it's just another opinion. It's obviously going to be a lot more credible than just an average view on the situation. Athrun specifically said he didn't want it to escalate and involve the entire ZAFT in this. If ZAFT could crush Orb easily then this wouldn't be an issue, but the fact that Athrun didn't want it to happen just that it simply wouldn't be worth it for ZAFT. And the way the story placed Athrun as the level headed one clearly suggests this was storyline exposition.
Athrun was not high in the command chain, Rau was, Athrun was put in charge of his squad since he had other things to attend to

Quote:
Although they did clearly believe ZAFT could be deterred.
No, Yuna did, why do you think he got punched in the face and jumped on by several people in the command center once Cagalli took charge?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote