Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-09, 06:38   Link #1109
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I wonder when exactly Hisas power was foreshadowed? o_o I dont remember her seeing playing even once. Maybe my memory is bad. Im not watching previews so that is out too, seems like I have to wait for the next episode to see her awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
She didn't watch Kyou enough? Or maybe he isn't a newb, just not very good?
We dont know how long Kaori and Kyou have been in their clubs. Maybe Kyou is just for a longer time playing mahjong. Maybe he studied before going to high-school. Maybe he just learns faster than Kaori. Or maybe he got better by playing with monsters like Saki/Nodoka/Mako/Hisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Not if you know what kind of beginner mistakes they make.
Mako was right, if she had seen more newbies she would have won.
Have fun predicting moves of a novice. Thats as possible as winning with a rinshan kaiho regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
What it also shows is how seriously cheating is considered, and how difficult it is to regain trust again. This is why Saki is very much a sports anime where something like Akagi isn't.
Im NOT planning to do it, but how exactly are you cheating in Mahjong? I mean sneaking in tiles wont work, it will be discovered the second 5 of the same tiles are open. Changing tiles on the dead wall would require VERY fast hands and still depend extremely on luck. I just dont see a way. Oh maybe changing tiles in your hand and your discards.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote