Thread: W Wish
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-02, 00:58   Link #56
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yeah, I also watched StaticSub and Frothbite's episode 04 subs. As Seedboy said, they both have very similar translation lines and meanings in the main show (eg. SS's title of the show was "Advancing Anxiety", while FB's sub was "Flooding Anxiety"). StaticSub seems to hit middle ground in the translation of the festival name - "Ouka festival". However, the translations of opening and endings differ a bit. StaticSub also color coded each character's line to their hair color, so that's a minor plus. But that doesn't really matter anyways because FB's typesetting is already very legible, and even changes color to increase legibility. A-Empire is a respectable subber (I've seen much of their subs as well), and I have no doubt that they did and will do a good job on subbing Wish. I'm a little surprised that no one translated the Japanese that came up in the latter half of the show. I can read Chinese so I understood a bit of the kanji in the Japanese, and the message seems to be news about the earthquake (something about quake degree 3?) that happened in Japan awhile ago. Not anime/show related, so no big deal. Video quality, however, FB has slightly better color contrast than SS. SS's video looks a bit too washed out. Audio, I haven't noticed anything.

Anyways, about the show...I gotta agree with DrewGSR. Déja vu of other shows. Them japanese just can't get enough of imoutos with brother complexes eh? Do the Japanese really like their "sisters" to really love them that much? I think it's an OK show, one of those "I-got-nothing-to-do-and-time-to-waste" show. Good thing the drama is starting pickup.