View Single Post
Old 2011-04-29, 06:14   Link #973
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
After so long, I finally completed VC 1. It felt good, but I could see how the sequels had improved on the gameplay. Woot.
Yes, some things were improved in VC2, but after picking up VC1 again for a little while, I feel that a lot of skill was taken out of the sequel. Scouts were a bit too good in VC1, and while they sorta fixed this in VC2, they introduced a range of new game mechanics that could be easily abused.

It was quite a rude shock going back to VC1 after three years away from the game. I had a crack at the last skirmish map on Normal difficulty, and not only did I have to remember what the controls were again, but bad habits learned from VC2 made for a difficult experience. I would probably have to relearn VC1 all over again.

No, you can't use Retreat to freely rearrange your battle lines at will.
No, you don't have a 1CP Light Tank of Doom.
No, you can't have reserves show up this turn. Wait until next turn, when by then, they might not show up if you couldn't defend the camp properly.
No, you can't charge headlong into enemy positions and not take massive damage like you could in VC2 once you were leveled high enough.
No, you can't withdraw wounded squad members out of the blue. You'll need to physically get someone over there.
No, one person is not enough to properly defend a camp.

I think most of you will see what I'm getting at
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote