Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 22:29   Link #595
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Crews can only be trained in the use of one vehicle unfortunately. The moment you switch them, they lose their proficiency in their previous vehicle and only become proficient in the new one.
There is one exception to this rule; premium tanks

You can put a crew proficient in a particular tank into a premium tank of the same nationality and class, and that crew will behave as if they were proficient in the premium tank. Their proficiency will still be that of their original tank, but the performance of the premium tank will not suffer for it.

For example, my current Super Pershing crew has been trained for the M46 Patton, awaiting the time when I scrounge together enough credits to purchase the M46 and transfer them there. Once I do so, I can transfer my current M4A3E2 crew to the Super Pershing, and they too will act as if they were proficient in the Super.

This is why premium tanks are often preferred choices for crew training vehicles. I purchased the lend-lease Churchill last weekend during its half-off price, precisely to serve as a crew trainer for future Soviet heavies I might purchase in the future such as the ST-I or the IS-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I don't know if I should be proud of this or not.

That is one of the most fun awards to achieve; it means you had the balls to take out a higher-tier tank with your own via Ramming Speed. I once offed an IS with my PZ3/4 that way.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote