View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 00:52   Link #8
flack

After playing the Rewrite VN, I decided to give the LB adaptation another shot. I should have crushed the little hope I had of the show before I decided to return to watching it. The current episode just took away any ounce of hope that I have left of any sort of positive turn around.

Now only has JC staff done a poor job of directing, they have done so in a way that is close to a disgrace of Key Shows. The powerful elements of the VN (and all other VN's by Key) is it's ability to effectively build up and deliver its emotional appeal as well as it's ability to heavily reinforce the main themes of the story. Each of the characters routes and the main route does this to some degree with the final route being a conglomerate of everything together and the process is carried out in stages as the reader plays the VN.

The current adaption has just completely screwed up at each stage. Anyways I don't really need to get in detail about the bad directing and anime quality, the anime speaks for itself. But the character development... SERIOUSLY starting with a weak introduction of the characters, the anime continues in its early episodes with even POORER character developments. (ONE OF THE STRENGTH AND SUCCESS OF KEY VNS IS ITS STRONG CHARACTERS DEVELOPMENT/UNIQUE PERSONALITIES.) The moe aspect of the VN as well as the comedy is meant AS a TOOL to instigate the readers interest and strengthen the appeal of various characters so as to connect with the audience and make the later emotional aspects be carried out with a bigger impact in each respective arcs. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FOCUS OF THE COMMON ROUTE IN THE ANIME. But JC just gives little about any of that, and they are prioritized in using MOE/COMEDY in THE ENTERTAINMENT / FANSERVICE aspects of the show, not to mention they aren't even doing a good job in those areas. THEY DON'T SEEM TO REALIZE THAT THE REASON PEOPLE WATCH KEY ANIMES IS MAINLY FOR THE EMOTIONAL BUILD UP...There are 100324123X other animes that are comedy/fanservice that are much better than Key animes. Without a good common route, there are no character routes, since the drama just feels dulled and uninteresting, especially with everything condensed. Also the OSTs are very good, BUT THEY CANNOT REPLACE THE DRAMA...JUST BY PLAYING THEM OFTEN DOESN'T COVER UP SHIT DIRECTING. The emotional parts of the VN are far more than just the sound impact of the OSTS.

Moreover, I need to comment something about this episode the last episode that I will watch of this adaption. How is Haruka first wanting to cry alone and is someone with that much of a trama from her past + emotionally unstable able to perfectly and easily say in front of that many people everything about her past in a perfectly sane manner...and then have that quick of a recovery (from playing baseball...) and be that amazing in such a short period of time be able to face Saigusa Shou...? Not mention adding moe SHIT into THE emotional parts... This is an excellent job to make people feel emotional.