View Single Post
Old 2008-12-05, 14:40   Link #87
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
I don't particularly think the "Beatrice believes she nor furniture are humans" logic could work, because using that same logic, "Beatrice believes she is truly doing magic", so she could easily counter everything Battler says with red.
I think the concept of the red text should be that it involves absolute truths: i.e., things that are true under both anti-fantasy and anti-mystery (as opposed to only things that are true under anti-fantasy, because that doesn't really make sense from her viewpoint).

Consequently, it should be equally invalid for her to say "I am just a human" as "I committed all the murders using magic" in red.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think Beato can cheat with the red text simply based on her own beliefs, but if the truth value is different between anti-fantasy and anti-mystery, she can only make the statement in white text; she can't ignore one or the other. Basically, don't assume anti-fantasy is the only truth, because that only becomes the case when everything is solved. If something's in red, it applies to both truths.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote