Thread: Sakura Taisen V
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-14, 23:15   Link #34
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^
That only applies if the cases are isolated incidents. But seriously... their last four non-disgaea games are less than perfect in terms of playability?

Let's see these last 4 games they released, all of which isn't really a high profile title (ie. NOT disgaea)

Mana Khemia PSP - apparently lag issues are abound
Ar Tonelico II - game crashing bug + some untranslated text
Rhapsody DS - glitches galore
Mana Khemia - game crashes during certain attacks

What's even worse is that AFAIK, all of these problems were NOT present in the original JP release.

I mean, who can't be worried when their track record of screwing up games has not only just been their most recent non-disgeaea games, but its FOUR IN A ROW that they screwed up their QC'ing? It's one thing if its an isolated incident, but Jesus, four consecutive games where the localization team has screwed up means their beta-testing seriously needs an overhaul. This is especially true when the reason why Ar Tonelico II (and I think Mana Khemia PSP as well) were delayed was because they wanted the extra time to iron out the bugs... and they still didn't catch them all.

And considering Sakura Taisen is NOT named Disgaea, it really has a big potential to be their next big screw up. Granted, they have quite a bit of time to clean up their act, but still...

Don't get me wrong, I still support NISAmerica, as I buy practically every RPG they release. But really, as a buying consumer, I really don't think my fears over Sakura Taisen's localization are unfounded. If anything, this should raise awareness of what NISA is doing wrong, which in turn should make them go the extra mile in preventing it from happening again. Of which, everybody wins.
Then you are saying that NISA has realesed more game with bugs/erros than games without them?
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote