View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 10:28   Link #2119
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Eh, it was for a volume or two, yes. Most of the girls gave up on him after they found out that he has Asuna. Not to mention the lovey-dovey moments Asuna and Kirito shared in the Aincrad arc. Which are also prevalent in Alicization, the last major arc in the series.

Yes, and that's because it seems that a lot of otaku enjoy the idea of being surrounded and loved by loads of beautiful girls.

I don't think Alicization is the last major arc yet though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
And why doesn't it? A believable romance is, 9 times out 10, a good one. Of course, execution also matters. We shouldn't excuse poorly written and/or executed romances just because it's "anime"/"light novels"/from Japan.

Yeah, they're fighting a losing battle, wherein the outcome has already been determined.
Well I watched most of the couple romance anime/LN even from those old ones(call me ancient! mwahahaha ) All in all, the core of the story is the same and if you watch or read those kind of couple romance from the first one up until now, mostly are the same so making harem as a trend nowdays wouldn't be that wrong though.