View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 18:39   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix
Well it wasn't explicitly mentioned...
That's the problem...You expect me to take these throwaway lines about why the Fed is doing this or that when the show could give less than a dangit about expediting any of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The Federation DOES EXIST in this series wingdarkness, or have not been watching the same series? They were in episode 5 when they tried to arrest Grodek, they were in the entire first freaking episode, and they're in the next episode and the episode after.

Federation = exist
If I was an eyeglass wearing anime character, this is the point where I'd press my two fingers to the midpoint of said glasses and adjust them to a flashy bright reflection that the audience witnesses...

Nosferatu...I am not saying that the federation doesn't exist in a literal sense...I am saying that in a story sense they have been given almost nothing in exposition to even take seriously the notion that they are a driving element in the make-up of this show...

So in essence the writers having a character say "They couldn't spare any units", is saying to me that they are trying to cover their a$$ and or distract from the point that they haven't included anything worth a damn in the plot pertaining to the Federation (My own hypothesis is they don't give a $hit because this show is operating on a thinness that can only be found in a Listerine Breath Strip )...Basically, it rings hollow...

So for me, if you're just gonna plow through the inadequacies of this script (that includes so much more than just the Federation part), then atleast budget the action for something that can be judged as great quality...These fights, IMO, are not of a high quality in neither plotting nor execution (Znozzy just perfectly depicted my feelings here)...

I certainly enjoyed a scene here are there, but as a whole it's lacking...But the puzzling thing is that as a kid I would have found most of the battles in AGE not that impressive, so I'm trying to figure out why they are so bent on keeping the action understated yet not giving battles the depth that understated Gundam fights usually incorporate? (More relative realism, or some sort of military tactic, or just profiling the evolution of the pilots skills) It's weird, it's like they won't sellout in either direction...It's like a sitcom on CBS in theory...