View Single Post
Old 2007-09-23, 16:46   Link #5
justsomeguy

This show turned out to be utter trash. Is it sad that I actually prefer GSD or Otome over this?

The premise was already bad enough:
1) Nanoha and friends are no longer precocious lolis. It's very odd that the producers would abandon something that made the previous shows appealing to many people.
2) StrikerS is set on a boring backwater planet, instead of Earth. Nice way to make people care less. Nice way to write out characters like Nanoha's friends and family.

The execution was worse:
1) Training. Nuff said.
2) "Limiters." A completely retarded way of nerfing the main characters, instead of creating a plot that would actually challenge the main characters and last past the first few episodes.
3) Drones. Nobody gives a damn about trashing waves of unpiloted, poorly armed robots with Destiny grunt tactics. We want brutal human vs human(oid) action, dammit.
4) "Magic damage" vs "physical damage." Utter bullshit. So now we have absolutely devastating attacks that can be weaker than they appear, which in turn makes them into fanservice.
5) Shitty technology overall. RF6 flies around on a large but otherwise normal helicopter, and Fate drives around on a car with four wheels. Given what they are, why doesn't TSAB have better toys?!
6) Lack of intimacy. That feeling from 1st season and A's is absent.
7) Brains in jars.
8) Vivio.
9) Neglected characters. Besides the ones left behind on Earth, we could have used more Arf, as well as more character development for the cadets. Yuuno, on the other hand, we don't even need to see his face at all.

After all this, I agree with Triad for choosing not to waste their time subbing this. If they ever decide to make a 4th season, I hope they set it on Earth, just a little bit after A's, and retcon this entire season into non-canon.