View Single Post
Old 2008-05-24, 12:55   Link #273
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Oh, that. True, especially with the mood of Diamond Creveasse and how the Quarter heads off into the unknown. On the other hand, I liked it; and you're right, it did setup people's expectations and then turn them on their heads.

I kinda get the feeling that the production team was going "Okay so who do we kill?" and Kawamori's going "We can't kill anyone yet, and one-shotting the Konig Monster would be ridiculous, never mind that all 3 of Houko Kuwashima's roles in a mecha series have died," and somebody goes "Why not keep them all alive for the lulz?" and everyone goes "ZOMG YES LIVING PEOPLE FOR LULZ!"

after 1 am I tend to be a bit crazier. Frontier is a chance for Kawamori and Studio Nue to get it right and make up for 7, and to take Macross tropes in a different direction (whether they'll do so is of course up in the air).
Well, dying is one thing, but Episode 7 was about as far from a nail biter as you can get. You didn't sense any real amount of danger at any point and time. Also, Houko's got a nice fall back character in Nanase, who is more of a primary character than Karaina at this point, and is unlikely to die.