View Single Post
Old 2004-05-11, 13:00   Link #32
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
My worry has little to do with dubs, but rather with editing. I just wonder how much they will cut up the series to make it suitable for the 12 year old audience this company always aim for. It won't be the series we know anymore, but rather a worthless cash cow that is specially chopped, ruined, and mad for preteens only. It's been seen with this company many times before, and there is no reason that it won't happen to this series.
I think you mistake Funimation for 4Kids, DiC, and Nelvana. Funimation got Blue Gender (a violent, at times raunchy show) on Cartoon Network with only moderate editing for violence and sex. Trigun has aired more or less unaltered, and Bebop had more episodes shown on CN than originally aired on TV Tokyo back in 1998.

FMA is not meant for preteens. It cannot be altered to become a preteen show. Funimation knows exactly where it belongs and chances are it'll end up running around the same time as SEED on saturdays.

Funimation makes questionable decisions with ungodly long series (DBZ, Conan) but they're not outright stupid (regardless of what you think of their dub quality.)

Quote:
Companies that exist to crank out cash cows are no friend of mine.
If that's the case then Sony, Nintendo, Konami, Gainax, Sunrise, Gonzo, Geneon, Toho, Toei, JC Staff, Bones, Square Enix they're all your enemies now. They'd all love to have a cash cow, and several of them do.