View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 22:22   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 10 - A Delusional Knight and the Parents' Interference

So there wasn't quite as much of the "fantasy" world in this episode as I would've been engaged by, but what there was was enough to get my mental gears ticking. The side stories of The Chronicles of Mori Summer have been expanded by the presence of her friends - and apparently elves are a part of it. Now if only one of her friends was named Aoba, I would have a perfect setup for some elaborate wit... but I'm getting off topic.

The romantic elements are being portrayed in a way that one feels the friendship in the show is just as strong, if not stronger. I suppose the reason why Yuuta and Rikka didn't fight is because the delusions have broken out into reality, but seeing Rikka without her contact at the end has me a little jumpy. I don't want Rikka to lose her Tyrant's Eye entirely. Maybe instead of having it always on, she could modify it into a power she can activate at will, in a magical girl way. As shown with Yuuta, the characters one creates in their youth do influence their later selves - and the fantasy Rikka who can take on the world, the strongest, isn't something she should give up - or at least channel it in another direction.

Sanae continues to be one of my favorite characters. Perhaps she should've just stuck with the spiked balls. Still heavy, but less likely to pull out her hair. Kinda wish I could've seen the return of Mori Summer. And Kumin finds a way to turn "I'm sorry" into a hilarious line.

On the Takanashi family thing... I think both Rikka and her mother are okay with each other (and the lunchbox basically confirmed it), they're just dealing with things in another way. I'm basically parroting Yuuta here, but he didn't say anything about Touka herself. Since she's going to Italy, not sure if she'll ever come to accept Rikka, but I hope she does.

A fine episode, but I don't want to lose that golden eye. It's connected to the magic circle that binds the club together. The keystone of the OMNSS can't vanish forever!