View Single Post
Old 2009-03-02, 11:12   Link #175
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Very light hearted episode with the reappearance of Kyou. Out of all the girls to make a impact in Ushio's everyday life im not surprised its her. Kyou is very good with children and the set is just nice for bringing her back. Though we probably wont get to see it if anyone is capable of one day being Tomoya's wife its Kyou. shes in a very favorable position with him and with Ushio. There pairing is actually quite nice now that they both have matured. Watching their conversations showed me just how far they both have come and how much they have grown. Tomoya is not over Nagisa but 1 year or 2 years of having Kyou around everyday interacting with Ushio and him could be the step. Ushio already seems her as mother figure and Kyou seems to dote on her more than the other kids. she also spends more time talking to Tomoya than the other parents. Like i said it is possible given the scope of thing but i dont think we would ever actually see it animated.

Fuko is always fun to watch and good for a laugh. I see why shes number one in Japan even though shes older but have the mind of high school girl she is still very perceptive about things. Its no wonder that she feels so strongly for Ushio they are similar is a lot of ways.

I think we are over tragedy in this series at least i hope. The title of the next episode can be deceiving. Over the years the town has been changing the world that Tomoya grew up in is slowly being eaten away or it could be the end of the imaginary world. Yes Ushio has a fever but it makes no since for them end this tragically after getting many points across about life and moving on.

Im guessing its going to have something to do with the hospital that was built over the place where Akiko took Nagisa when she collapsed when she little and prayed for her to be saved.

Im convinced that the title is meant to be deceiving or not taken in the literal sense but if its not and Ushio actually dies i think im going to have to stop watching the series. Iv watched many series over the past 10 years that like use spontaneous death scenes to advance a plot and spark sympathy for a main character by stripping him/her of everything in their life. I understood Nagisa's death there was a point behind it in giving up her life she created some precious Ushio who later becomes Tomoya's saving grace. To kill her now i feel would be unnecessary and contrived. These are my own personal feelings and others surely will feel differently. What more can Tomoya learn by taking away his daughter now? if they are going to do they mind as well kill all his friends, Nagisa's parents (they have had enough grief) and everyone else Tomoya has had contact with. Like i said its my own personal opinion but i think it would shotty and cheap writing ok thats not fair. But any health problem Nagisa had would be passed on to Ushio and then there is a hospital thing built in a certain location.

I guess i should just assume that there wont be happy ending that way if there is a happy ending i can be pleasantly surprised and if not then my expectations were already low.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-03-02 at 11:43.