View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 11:27   Link #124
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I want to thank Mich666 for being strong enough to lay his/her opinions out so clearly out for a group here that was obviously thinking in opposite terms. As one of those who loved the show, and especially this final episode, it was fun and beneficial to have to think about differing opinions.

That being said, the only opinion I agree with is his/her praise of Shinkai Makoto. For me, this show raised KyoAni (at least this main staff and the Osaka branch, which apparently made this show) close to Shinkai's aesthetic level. (Actually above the level of his most recent film, Hoshi o Ou Kodomo. But maybe that's just because I wasn't into that subject matter.)

I also want to thank Mich666 for stimulating these wonderful replies, which are so interesting and with all of which I find myself agreeing. I love romance, and certainly would have liked a real confession, but as I rewatch and re-feel this episode, I find myself thinking this is better. Instead of a neat little package, we have the opening up of a big world.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-09-18 at 12:02.