View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 09:42   Link #695
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
They pwned cooking ingredients being completely NPC bought. Now my necro can't fly to level 80 like my elementalist did It's hauling ass at level 72 atm.

My priority is exploration (OCD) and WvW. World vs world isn't good for levelling unless you're in a high-skilled squad of 5 doing fast skirmishes.

In prime time server clashes, our 5 man team race around the deep end of enemy territory past their front lines and claim towers/camps/steal-orbs back and forth. I got my 200,000 exp with 0 deaths through this method. You have to be fast in running, fast in sieging down a gate (3-rams per door for the 5 of us with very systematic supply-feeding).

My necro alone is spec'd to solo a supply camp (excruciatingly slow). Our team of 5 takes one in 5~10 seconds. We have a mesmer to portal us out of danger and a thief+warrior to chase down anyone we want to kill. Our max capability is probably 5v8. 1v3 is easier than 5v8 because of focus firing. But I'm the slowest so I often get left behind and fed to Zergs

This kind of guerilla warfare farms an insanely high amount of exp+karma in WvW. We also tend to have 30+ people behind us reclaiming locations we captured. So it's great to be a diversion for the server.

Unlike unorganized groups, we have very organized supply runs and have no hesitation with dropping siege equipments (even trebuchets). 100% of our blueprints are from doing the 4 jumping puzzles.

You guys should seriously give it a shot if you can get a group together. Build for tank + mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
lol, the 'rescue' story quest (with the Order of Whispers in Gandarren Fields) was hilarious. Character got completely sloshed, Best part was when she 'explained' the plan to the person we were rescuing.

Demmi: Do you have a plan to get out of this place alive?
Me: Sooort of. The idea ssstarts with 'run for it' and generalllllly goez downhill from there.

Drunken inflections and all.

... and the secret Whispers headquarters is in a bar, behind the wine cabinet. These guys really like their drink.

There is some great humor in this game.
"So that's why it's called the Order of Whispers, no one would EVER brag about this." (paraphrased, probably incorrect)

My favorite line in the game.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote