View Single Post
Old 2008-05-17, 22:50   Link #248
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
The tech used in those fighters seem way above established human and zentradi tech levels. What with the EVA style cockpit, the built in ability to fold from stationary (which also looks different from the normal fold). Brera doesn't even bother wearing a helmet, and his suit is distinctly alien and glows (is he physically even in the cockpit?).
If you mean the 360-degrees view in the cockpit, then that's similar to the VF-19 in Macross Plus. The way the view was presented may be stylized though, I recall they sometimes show Isamu naked while piloting his VF-19.

EDIT: There's also another school of thought in the Mecha thread. Here's my contribution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Although I admit, this could also be explained by the use of a brain-machine interface, especially since Brera appears to control his VF-27 in a hands-off manner (and play his harmonica to boot ). So it could be that the VF-27 is a combination of the VF-19 and VF-21. (Which was what I thought when watching Macross Plus: why not combine the two?)

...No, don't tell me the harmonica enables Brera to pull off a Basara-style pilot control

Last edited by CaptGloval; 2008-05-18 at 09:50. Reason: additional realizations