View Single Post
Old 2011-09-29, 05:17   Link #489
Tiranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Haruhi has a mental block regarding her powers that makes her unable to perceive anything odd about things that they cause unless it is shoved in her face. She did not see anything at all odd about the weird things that were happening during the movie shoot (e.g. sakura blooming in October), nor did she seem to have the "deja vu" feeling that Kyon, Koizumi, and Mikuru had during the "Endless Eight" time loop.
That's valid to a certain extent, but only for her. However in this case Haruhi was just an example to illustrate my confusion with the resolution as a whole. The whole mixed-memories-thing also applies to at least Taniguchi and Sasaki (see Kyon's conversations with them in the epilogue) and even though I can't think of definite evidence probably also Kunikida, Mikuru, Tachibana and Fujiwara.

And that the new timeline in the epilogue is neither alpha nor beta but was created by them merging somehow as suggested by someone a few posts up is a thought i also entertained.

I'm just going to blatantly quote myself from the previous page here: "Additionally it seems like its completely arbitrary which memories are retained. But somehow there has to be one set of coherent memories within each person which would then be neither alpha nor beta but a third timeline. And would said timeline then just be an artificial memory or what "actually" happened?"

I'm not sure if the question at the end is able to convey what I actually mean but my English skills are already at their limit. Aside from that my stupid linear perception of time is just not cut out for this kind of thinking.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2011-09-29 at 05:30.