View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 13:27   Link #24836
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
In case I hadn't made my point clear I'll repeat it.
I find Toya's fear irrational for a normal person, easy solvable since someone should have told him that what he feared wasn't going to happen especially since the fact he would/could recover his memories was easily predictable.
No need to let him believe they would never return and then let him panic when they do.
Of course it can be argued that even Battler's fear about ships is irrational so maybe, no matter the personality, he's bound to have irrational fears and to overreach about them and there's no way to help it.
Doctors don't know everything; dissociative disorders are rare in the real world, and research done on them is very limited. They often don't fit into neat categories, so even though Touya's condition is made up, it does not mean it's entirely implausible that such a condition could exist. Also, the uniqueness of his condition is lampshaded by Yukari's initial angry reaction when she learned that Touya recovered Battler's memories yet still refused to meet her, as well as the subsequent explanation needed for her to understand why Touya made that decision.

Given his unique condition, I don't think that a responsible doctor could guarantee anything; and I don't think Touya's reaction to his situation is unrealistic, nor do I find his fears implausible or even entirely unfounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I don't think we're ever specifically told where the other two doors in the courtyard go, although from ep2 and ep5 you can probably intuit it.
"Other" two? I said the boiler room door was "one of two". Did I remember wrong? Or did you read me wrong? Or both?

So I reread it. Indeed I remembered wrong. However, I figured out something important: Those two other doors were the only doors being talked about when it was said that they weren't built with locks. In other words, the door from the boiler room to the courtyard does have a lock on it. It makes sense too, since the boiler room is a special area with restricted access and a lock to only one of its entrances would be pointless (since the other entrance would be connected to the courtyard, an open access area).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
One of the doors goes directly into the kitchen. That's the one Evil Kanon came in through in EP2.
That door goes to the back of the house.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote