View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 15:16   Link #24839
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Although the last subjects were those two other doors, this sentence doesn't specify that it's referrring to those two doors and only those.
So you're just going to assume the interpretation which dictates that RK07 fucked up? Cut him a little slack... I mean, if you take the context it's pretty clear that he's talking about those two doors and applying the sentence to the third door is just us extrapolating on our own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
In addition if the reason of them not having locks was because they were internal doors, then why in the world the boiler room door should have a lock? It makes no sense.
Plenty of other "internal" doors have locks on them (Natsuhi's room, etc.). What's being referred to here is that there's no particular need to install locks on the courtyard doors to protect the mansion at large (like you would on front and back doors). However, the boiler room is special and warrants an internal lock.

Like I wrote before, what would really make no sense is if one route of access to the boiler room was lockable while the other one wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Huh, I reread it and you're right. I've been mistaken about that since the first time I read it, apparently.
Yeah, well I thought the same as you did, so I reviewed it when I wanted to comment on this topic; I was just as surprised as you are to find out I was wrong. I think it's because Kumasawa's and Nanjo's corpses were found in the courtyard that we tricked ourselves.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote