View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 16:32   Link #24840
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
So you're just going to assume the interpretation which dictates that RK07 fucked up? Cut him a little slack... I mean, if you take the context it's pretty clear that he's talking about those two doors and applying the sentence to the third door is just us extrapolating on our own.

Plenty of other "internal" doors have locks on them (Natsuhi's room, etc.). What's being referred to here is that there's no particular need to install locks on the courtyard doors to protect the mansion at large (like you would on front and back doors). However, the boiler room is special and warrants an internal lock.

Like I wrote before, what would really make no sense is if one route of access to the boiler room was lockable while the other one wasn't.
Can someone just analyze the actual Japanese text to determine if it's speaking specifically about the two non-boiler doors, or all the doors in the courtyard?

Regardless, I'm not sure anyone even checked those doors. Even if they did, it's not implausible to believe, depending on the type of door, that the boiler room door opens from the inside. If ep3 simply said both sets of doors to the basement were locked, there wouldn't even be an issue and it would settle the ambiguity. However, there may not even be ambiguity anywhere but the translation, so that's what I'd like to see checked first.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote