Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 09:01   Link #309
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Most awesomest cameo voice ever. Oh and mutta was cool too .
You mean Noguchi Soichi? There's even an entry mentioning this appearance on that Wiki page! He's got quite a strong voice. Maybe he should consider a career as a seiyuu if he ever leaves JAXA.

I thought about using the Mutta-as-an-ant images for this week's installment of my Mutta avatar series, but I just don't find ants very appealing even with Mutta's silly face attached!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Good episode...

...but I still feel like India are wasting their money.
I find most attempts to rationalize sending humans into space unconvincing. Satellites and robot spacecraft are typically far better at gathering information than human observers would be. I subscribe to the more romanticized view, that it's our destiny as a species to explore the cosmos because that's what humans do. Maybe we'll discover ways to mine rare earths on asteroids, but mere economic rationales are uninspring. I doubt any of the characters in this show want to go into space for reasons like that.

Will arguments like these convince that journalist or the taxpayers in space-faring nations? Probably not. I do know that, while Kennedy's decision to go to the moon before the end of the 1960's primarily reflected military and political motives, there were a lot of people who found the whole notion thrilling. Walter Cronkite was just their most public representative.

I bet Nixon ego was thrilled to refer to that phone call as the "most historic ever made from the White House." He liked to think himself as an historic figure.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-24 at 13:30.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote