Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 13:39   Link #312
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And more and more it’s becoming obvious that Nasuda is an oddball himself, an individual with his own skewed way of looking at the universe. And for Onii-chan, that can only be a good thing.
"Odd-ball" is a generous term to apply to Nasuda. I agree he's likely to appreciate Mutta, though.

So how are the candidates doing in their quests to advance? Only two per group, right, plus any "odd-ball" selections the powers that be choose to make? I'm guessing Serika and the tall guy advance from their group, with Mutta once again the odd-ball choice. I can't imagine being shut up in a space craft with chimp boy, and the nice old fella will get a nice pat on the back.

I'd prefer to see Mutta be one of two electees so it doesn't always look like he's advancing because of his connection to Hibito. The way the story has gone so far, though, Mutta will again advance because of his vision and passion, as Enzo so eloquently describes.

I can't tell as much about Keiji's group; other than him and Mr. Rubik's Cube, they're all largely non-entities. Maybe the woman will advance to give Serika a friend? She'd need a bit of a character infusion for that to happen.

I'm pretty good at mental arithmetic, but I couldn't keep up with some of those problems they posed to Mutta. I mean, really, 86 x 156? And while running?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-06-24 at 13:56.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote