View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 15:17   Link #194
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Personally, I don't think Rita is being manipulative or wrong in any way but neither do I think someone should have to be obliged to consider the rest of the world regarding whether she wants to make use of her talents. The way I see it, if you're having to pressure someone to consider what the rest of the world wants then you've already lost.
That makes no sense to me. You're basically saying that people can't change their mind or their approach to life, which is simply false. So, no, you haven't "already lost" just because you're trying to persuade someone to take the bigger picture into consideration here.

"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

That's probably his most famous quote. It's not hard to extend it to... "Ask not what your world can do for you - ask what you can do for your world."

Isn't that a good attitude to encourage yourself and other people to have? Especially people with exceptional abilities, talents, and/or power for obvious pragmatic reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Correction. Only the marked part is what really counts and what metters. The rest irrelevant.
Yeah, everybody else is irrelevant. The only person Shiina should care at all about is herself. Gotcha.