View Single Post
Old 2009-03-27, 10:31   Link #338
rocket
Senior and Demented

I gave it a 10/10 (even though I thought the mid episode dragged a bit and I loathe speeches like Minorin's) due to the most epic kiss evah, and the super cute ending.

I really can't think of a better kiss... the animation, pacing, direction, the payoff for the character's story... Most of all the indirect playful sparring. It felt more like a 30's screwball romantic comedy than the type of cookie cutter romantic inevitability you usually get in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDJR View Post
Id be curious to know the demographic of these "10/10" posts as far as age/amount of anime seen etc because I have a hard time understanding how someone could get so worked up over what I just watched.
Hmmm... I'm curious too.

According to MyAnimeList I've logged 1419.6 hours of anime (sadly I'm sure there's more than that under my belt that I didn't remember when I signedup), and I've been a definitive fan since the mid/late 80s. I'm also long out of high school and happily married for a long time.

Given the comments here, my theory is that Toradora is most appealing to the hopelessly romantic (guilty) and those of a nostalgic bend who are now out of their prime dating years.

In short, woobie-tsundere FTW!