View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 12:42   Link #2095
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
No, M'aiq appeared twice at the exact same spot for me, when I ran west from Whiterun towards Rorikstead and a third time some where else. Both times I met him at the same spot involved him running from a Flame Atronach, but the first time involved a Vigilantes of Stendarr attacking the Flame Atronach.

Also I've met the Wandering Bard at least 5 times.

I've had an encounter at the hot springs near Eldergleam Sanctuary, where 2 elder dragons attacked the hunters bathing in the hot spring, along with a group of bandits and 2 spriggans who caused all the wild life in the area to go in a frenzy. There were like a pack of 3 wolves, 2 elks, a rabbit, a bear and a mammoth.

I've also seen a battle between 2 pairs of ice and fire mages who fought all the way to some Hagraven camp starting a 3 way magic battle, after killing all of them a Wisp Mother attacked me.

The fact is that things happen if you walk and don't if you just fast travel.
That doesn't change Valk's point in regards to that it has nothing to do with fast travel.

You can choose to do fast travel or not. Myself I hated Far Cry 2 because it took forever to get from A to B and not everyone has time to play a game 150%. Plus the same scenary over and over again gets boring, especially when you get continuously attacked by the same patrol over and over again.

Yes it Skyrim some things do happen but sometimes a guy just wants to get to Point B without being distracted or anything like that. This is why games like Assassin's Creed 2 and others started implementing fast travel simply because players don't want to have to keep "walking" between two areas over and over again.

I guess the origin of this argument was what is the point of making a mod that penalizes fast travel? This is a single player game so if you don't want to do fast travel then you simply don't.

On the other hand, it'd be nice if they could mod in being able to fight on horseback. Never made much sense.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote