View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 04:33   Link #18994
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Yeah THIS. And I knew it was symbolic people. She first hears the idea after Dr.Takano (the grandfather) talks about the Devil's proof for instance. It's the same kind of idea as how an artist isn't appreciated until he dies. You live on through memory or legacy.
However, that's also how kami can come to be in Shinto religious belief. Just saying. Again, I should note that kami is NOT directly analogous to the general Western view of god/s. "Supernatural entity" might be a closer approximation. "Spirit" is a taken a little too lightly though. As ineffectual as Hannyu seems, for that matter, she's actually relatively powerful for such a kami.

Quote:
Maybe sort of... Rena says that in Tsumihoroboshi and there is a spinoff of that arc in the alchemist games. It wasn't really "a reveal" though. It was bullshit from Takano's scrapbooks.
Well, going by the sea of kakera concept, we could suppose there is a 1/nth to the nth power possibility of a version of the Higurashi timeline that plays out identically to the canon one but involves a historical space alien origin for Hannyu...

As it is, I more or less view the anime versions of Higurashi and Umineko as alternate kakera scenarios...R07 even seems to acknowledge the anime version in Episode 7 when Will mentioned both Tsurupettan AND Dokkyun to Jessica.

Oh, and speaking of Tsurupettan, perhaps Jessica's lyrics moved Yasu in more ways than we realized...

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote