View Single Post
Old 2012-10-22, 04:02   Link #4782
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Huh. Strange. Oh well. *shrugs*

Oh, and by "later half of volume nine", are you referring too chapter 5? Because it doesn't seem like she's calling him out to me. Of course, I don't speak Japanese, and could very well be missing some cultural clues.

And this might just be the translation, but
Spoiler for vol. 9:
Hell, the post I made earlier was me asking for clarification on what that scene meant!

Of course, as always, cultural upbringing, personal opinion and interpretation shape how you view the work and it's characters.
In East Asian cultures(in Chinese at least), you must give a definitive answer to an individual when they ask you out.He never tries to address the issue until forced into it. The not worthy excuse was simply ludicrous. He is one of the seven Shahanshas of the world. I can understand that it's too early , but even so you can still tell the girls whether you love them or not. The girls ain't risking their lives because of freaking friendship. They are doing this because they love him. The least he could have is to tell them what he feels about them. If he doesn't love them, he should reject their assistance.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-22 at 07:45.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote