View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 09:19   Link #2
Kirarakim

I like Kanba a lot, although I didn't until episode 5. I think episode 5 gave Kanba the human aspect I needed to feel for his character.

Kanba is arrogant, a play boy, and has probably hurt many girls but I think he DOES care about protecting his family (not just Himari).

As for the whole incest angle well obviously I feel it is wrong to list after your sister but I think it's more of an innocent infatuation and maybe Kanba letting go of Himari is something he will need to do to develop, but who knows.

I do think part of the reason he hurts those girls is because they don't live up to his sister.

However going back to protecting his family: There is the obvious going after the hat scene but then there is also that shady business he is involved in to let them keep their house.

Why I say he cares about Shouma too is he doesn't let Shouma know about what he is involved in. There is also one line in episode 2 or 3 where he tells Shouma to keep his innocence (or something to that effect).

And in episode 10

Spoiler for just in case:

So yeah Kanba is certainly flawed but human all the same. It's actually the same reason I like Ringo.