View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 23:28   Link #112
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
@Thess: Nonsense. If it weren't a dream of his then he wouldn't have responded to Shirou the way he did at the end. A personal desire and an ideal--he had both of these. We already knew that from when he suggested running away to Irisviel when they were on top of the castle.
I'm not quite sure of that, he believed he couldn't turn his back on the ideal, because in his mind, everything would he suffered would become meaningless unless he achieved world peace, but at the heart of the matter, the guy was just broken (remember how Natalia described his 'talent')and all he wanted was all this bad stuff to stop. So he ended up seeking the assumed 'quick fix button' called the Holy Grail. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to think this though quite hard enough.

Ideologies and personal desires aren't mutually exclusive from each other.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote